Sign in to follow this  
John-M

Limited Mileage Policy ???

I've been with the same company this last 2 years, on a 'limited mileage' policy ( 10,000 miles per annum ).

The current year runs till the end of this month, and I'm getting rather near to 10,000 :) Will probably be ok, but only just - and maybe not :)

So I called the broker and asked what the position is if I get to within a few days of the policy running out and I look as if I'm going to break the 10k limit.

After saying he could extend the mileage, and he'd get a quote for it, he came back and said that although my documentation and their records specify a 10,000 limit - and it's detailed as one of the 'policy endorsments' in the paperwork I have, actually I am on an unlimited mileage policy, so everything is alright !!

He did repeat this, but when I asked him to send me a quick email confirming this he said he was unable to do that, but that it was ok because all calls are recorded and he'd made a note in their records.

So - limited mileage policy or not ??

Has anyone else had this experience ??

I would be wary tbh we all know what robbing :censored: insurance companies are, and if the worst does happen you dont want to give em the chance to wriggle out of a pay out!

Lost count of the occasions that people have been told one thing over the phone, been assured that it's OK, done it and then subsequently had insurance revoked or a payout denied as they had no proof.

It's pretty much your gamble - how much do you trust your insurer! Unless I was on first name terms with my broker, I wouldn't!

it takes 10 minutes to swap the instrument cluster !

Not that i would do that sort of thing, :cuckoo:

Neither would I, of course !!

I am referring to one of the brokers mentioned at the head of this sub-forum, btw !