Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

Reverse and rear fog lights not working!!!

I'm new to all this so apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum ...

This has probably been posted before and I have read similar posts but if I'm honest, I didnt understand them!!

Basically, my reverse and rear fog lights don't work ... i've done the obvious and replaced fuses and bulbs, still nothing.

I've read bits about a switch on the gear box, I've had a little look ... but I don't know where I'm looking ... :roll: ... as I said I'm new to all this, trying to learn!!

Could anyone help me further? Diagrams, instructions maybe?

Cheers, Lee

Have you checked for earth or corrosion?

if you have a test light/probe connect it to an earth point and make sure your getting an earth/positive current to the bulb, the positive is the centre tab that sit underneath the bulb the earth is the tab on the side.

2 more things to check- Is the connector for the reverse light switch (on top of the gearbox) attached properly? The one on my old G60 had lost it's metal retaining clip and had to be cable tied on to stop it falling off! And with the fogs, check your relays (above the fuses) are all in the right sockets - the VR I just bought didn't have it's fogs working because the foglight relay was in the wrong socket!!

Sorry to sound stupid ... but can you specify 'on top of the gear box' please!! This is all new to me, would I have to get under the car or just under the gear stick housing inside the car??

Any detailed instructions would be helpful!!

Cheers