Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

9a Hall sender

Hey guys..

Just a quick question, is the Hall sender a replacement part on a 9a dizzy? Mine's on it's way out and would prefer not to have to pull the whole dizzy if possible.

If it is a replacement anyone got a P/No or know if it's still available from VAG?

It is yeah... not sure if VAG do it though but if they do it will be a 'repair kit'

Could also try GSF or a Bosch dealer - give them the 10 digit Bosch part number of the dizzy and they should be able to drill down from there.

What symptoms do you get from a dying hall sender mate? Would like to know whether it's something I should consider changing on mine :)

No real symptoms as such Jim, just a v-slight lumpy idle... but the hall sender's been superglued together! :gag:

S/Charged, What's a Repair kit?? :confused4:

Hm ok..

Worth thinking about if it's a cheap part and easy to swap. Despite new injectors, fueling setup, etc I still feel mine is a bit lumpy especially at low revs / part throttle. Miles better than it was but not great. Wonder if the dizzy / hall sender has anything to do with it.

Keep us posted I guess if you find prices :)

I tried dismantling a 16V dizzy a while ago to swap the hall sender because the connector was loose, but concluded in the end that it is impossible :( Apparently you have to get the roll pin out of the cam-drive thingy so that you can take the shaft out, but there was no way I could come up with that would shift it. I ended up breaking a drill bit off in it :roll:

I gave up after a while and just JB-welded the connector on to the dizzy body and left it at that. Been fine for 6 months....

Also worth looking at though is the connector on the wiring loom. One of the wires broke right at the rubber boot, which gave some odd symptoms - misfiring, and a bouncy tacho. I just grafted on a known good connector and it was fine.

if you need a complete second hand 9a dizzy assembly i have one sitting in the garage which i won't need...

photos can be posted no bother

it's definitely replaceable, if a fiddle with the roll pin, done one on mine years back now,

they're not cheap though IIRC,

you might be better off with a whole new dizzy, some cheap recon ones on e-bay recently.

if you need a complete second hand 9a dizzy assembly i have one sitting in the garage which i won't need...

photos can be posted no bother

Aide, if it's all ok I'll cover postage?