Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

VAG.COM Lead

Stupid question time again :epicfail:

Where can i find the latency settings on my laptop? i have looked in the control pannel can't seem to find it though, i have now downloaded the correct version, and as you say CRITICAL MASS my lead only works in the USB Port 3 when you test the software at the start it dosn't want to work when i try to use VAG COM if you know what i mean,

cheers

Go to control panel > performance & maintence > system > device manager - a list of components will appear, look for com ports and click properties, then advanced. it may be set to 16, set it to 5 - this will help when trying to scan the ABS.

To get the cable to work, i find its a bit hit and miss. Ive had to reboot, unplug the cable and plug it back in. Try rebooting the comp with the cable into port. Then run vagcom and go to options and choose port 3 and detect it.

Ok i know how to change the port settings now but when i open my device manager the PORTS option aint there :scratch: ,

i have had a look at the computers self help programme and it says the exact same as what critical mass is saying but my laptop hasn't got the Ports option in the device manager, any ideas?

cheers

So when you have the adaptor think i have found one on ebay, What elso do i need? Download the software from rosstech? or do i need another lead to plug into my laptop? sorry for my complete lack of knowledge

Get this

OBDII lead

and one of these

2x2 adaptor

Then download a version of Vagcom from Rosstech.

So just to confirm, I have a '95 corrado Storm - my connector under the gaitor is a rectangular connector, so I only need to buy a ODBII cable, and I don't need to buy the 2x2 connector??

Ok i know how to change the port settings now but when i open my device manager the PORTS option aint there :scratch: ,

i have had a look at the computers self help programme and it says the exact same as what critical mass is saying but my laptop hasn't got the Ports option in the device manager, any ideas?

cheers

Funny you should mention that cos the netbook i was on didnt have the option either, but my other netbook does have it. I'll take a look later.

jpowell - yours sounds like it has the OBDII 16 pin connection - i didnt think any corrados came with this connector. But if that is the case you need the same cable minus the 2x2 adaptor.

Finally get myself a genuine cable. It works as should, not like cheap imitation.