Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

KR / 9a fuel lines

I bought a fuel metering unit and the lines cheap from a friend, I got a feeling they are from a KR and mines 9A. the nuts dont look like they wanna go on the fuel injectors, is this the case? they arent interchangable?

cheers

Ryan

Hi as far as i'm aware they are not inter changeble as they run on a different type of fuelling system. The Kr is on K-Jetronic injection and the 9a will be on ke type (more sensors/electrics basically) hope this helps you cheers Booth.

similar but different systems, the 9a fuel lines i have *look* like what i remember the kr ones looking like :)

i'd have thought you could use the fuel lines at least :scratch:

not sure.. the nuts are bigger on the kr lines and dont wanna go onto the injectors..shame cause Ive broken the 1st line on my original ones

I'm pretty sure the KE jet system runs different pressures to the K-jet system, so the lines and injectors are different, probably different opening pressure on the K-jet ones, having the different fitment means you can't mistakenly fit the wrong spec injector to a car.