Sign in to follow this  
HiAsAKite

Greyhound + Corrado : anyone managed to fit together?

Hi peops,

We've recently aquired a Greyhound, and I'm struggling to make him 'fit' in the Corrado, was just wondering if any of you had managed get a big dog into one?

Main issue is that the rear screen is too low in the boot to get him in there, however he does seem to be able to get into the rear seats if their folded down (to high a step from the sill to the folded down seat, and the roof's too low for him to jump in)..

I could get him into the front passenger seat, but suspect its probably not a good idea if he tries to turn around or such like while I'm driving, so I'm open to suggestions...?

Car is a VR with rear armrest (if there was no armrest I'd consider him just lying across the back seats).

Dog is a 5yr old ex racing greyhound, 34kg, 30"length back, shoulders circa 25-27" high

Anyway, open to suggestions thoughts as I'm going to be really hacked off if I don't find a way of getting him in there (ie I'll need to get a dog friendly car!)

You could replace the rear seat with one without the armrest - tho' you'd lose the storage for the First Aid container. Just a thought.

My g/f had a little bit of strapping looped around the seatbelt then clipped to the collar of her collie to keep him under control in her mx-5. Very simple but quite effective.

And the solution folks is:

keep the back seats up (ie in normal position), arm rest up, stick a pillow in the armrest 'hole' so pooch doesn't get stuck in the gap, lay blanket across the whole bench, pooch can lie across both back seats...

...now how do I stop a licking the inside of the rear windows? ;)

now how do I stop a licking the inside of the rear windows? ;)

Sorted!

See my 1st reply for the solution to the above... (or a muzzle) :lol:

And the solution folks is:

...now how do I stop a licking the inside of the rear windows? ;)

Rub a freshly cut chilli on the inside of the window - maybe not, lol.