Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Heated Seat Pads

Hello,

Have had no drivers heated seat for a couple of months now and am going to investigate the job at the weekend. I am not forking out for a new pad, so if anyone has any experience of bodging these up/ bypassing burnt elements etc please let me know how you did it.

I know the seats are easy to get out but how do you then get to the pads themselves? can't see anything in Bentley,

Last Question, If push comes to shove can I swap the driver and passenger side pads around (Then the girlfriend can freeze in the mornings while I am all toasty and warm, hehehe :) )

Cheers

Mike

VW tell me that all seat bits (at least the bits your bum sits on) should be interchangeable from the driver/passenger seat.

Be interested to hear how you get on. Mine also packed up this winter. If I switch it on it blows a fuse, I think it's about number 16, which also stops the engine firing next time you try to start it (and rear spoiler working amongst other things). Confused the hell out of me the first time it happened. Be nice to have a warm arse again (in the car that is). Was going to take the seat out anyway to replace the side bolster after reading that thread.

I don't have heated seats but I swapped the foam between passenger and drivers seats last night. It was a doddle. Easier than the side bolsters. Just release the cover from the rear of the seat and fold the cushion forwards. The rest is pretty obvious. Some needle nose pliers are useful to get the clips back on.

Cheers for the replies- Kevs guide was useful so I am going to be replacing the bolster to. I may now even do the seat foam if its that easy.

Bolster- Why didn't you just buy some new foam for the drivers side?- Is the replacement foam really expensive or not available or something- or were you just fed up of throwing good money at the bottomless pit that is the Corrado :wink:

I will try and get some photos and post them up here when I get it all done!

Cheers

Mike

Bolster- Why didn't you just buy some new foam for the drivers side?- Is the replacement foam really expensive or not available or something- or were you just fed up of throwing good money at the bottomless pit that is the Corrado :wink:

I will try and get some photos and post them up here when I get it all done!

Cheers

Mike

I was fully prepared to splash out the 50 notes for the foam but there are none in the country (or there weren't last week anyway). I decided to do the swap as the seat was giving my back a hard time and I can always replace the passenger one at a later date. (or not). The foam didn't look too warn but a major part of the problem is that the seat cover was not fastened properly at the back of the seat.

First time I drove it this morning since swapping them on Monday night and it's a big improvement. I spend over 2 hours a day in the car so it's pretty important to me to have it right.