Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Tyres Again

Yeah P6000s are still about and haven't changed! A testament to their design. I think midrange Jags still get them from the factory and my friend's company BMW also has them. They seem to last for ages too, always a bonus.

K

Yeah P6000s are still about and haven't changed! A testament to their design. I think midrange Jags still get them from the factory and my friend's company BMW also has them. They seem to last for ages too, always a bonus.

K

i think P7 has taken over in a big way thought,,,but yeah i agree used to run P6 on my old car was an amazing intermediate tyre

got toyo`s from mytyres.com... cant fault them at all only done 1k but still am well impressed-especially with the squeel you get on roundabouts in the dry!!!

I've had toyo's 215/40/17's on ma G60 nearly 2 years now, great tyres & they only cost £70 fitted per tyre cannae beat that.

Sandy G60

got toyo`s from mytyres.com... cant fault them at all only done 1k but still am well impressed-especially with the squeel you get on roundabouts in the dry!!!

Squeal is not a good thing. It means they're slipping!

I just got a couple of Toyo Proxes T1-S from mytyres for £45.60 each had them fitted for £5 each. They drive alot straighter and have far better grip in all conditions than the (in)continentals that they replaced.

BUT - I then had all wheel bearings and my rear shocks replaced (Stock VAG kit) and now the car sticks to the road like sh1t to blanket. It is superb.

SO - it doesn't matter how much you spend on tyres if your suspension isn't going to keep them on the tarmac. And you don't have to spend loads if it is!

2p - cha ching

SO - it doesn't matter how much you spend on tyres if your suspension isn't going to keep them on the tarmac. And you don't have to spend loads if it is!

Which is what I said on the first page :lol: Quite true too!

People fall into the same trap of thinking if they fit Porsche 'Big reds' calipers to their VW, they're going to get the same level braking performance. WRONG! The way the Porker holds those calipers and the way the double WB strut assemblies subsequently hold the wheel is infinitley better...... just another few pennies in the pot :lol:

also adding my 2p's i recently got a great suspension kit and im over the moon abt it really holds the road tight, but my tyres all have good grip they are also quite new with abt 3k max mileage on them but they slide abt in the wet...so it doesnt work the other way round ;-)

I have Pirelli P7000's on mine, theyre great tires. quite quiet, make the steering nice. grip well. 205/40 17 never really push the car in the wet, but they can surprise me when i do, better than i think :lol: they handle 200 bhp anyway not a problem. got them cause i couldnt get P-Zero nero's in time for inters, but they are my next tires.

I am on my second pair of Uniroyal Rainsport 1, i think these are ment to be best on the wet?? not sure but the ratings were good and i find them grip well. Cost 120 each so they aint cheap but i was considering on toyo but stuck with the uniroyals

Muks 16v

I think you need min 7" wide wheels for 215's

Ah....

My MK1 had 205x50x13" Toyos on the standard 5J 9 spokers when I picked it up!