Sign in to follow this  
iceman22

no front demister

i have a big problem with my front demister. it will not work the fan pushes out hot air to the side vents and the middle vents, only but not to the windscreen and its causing heavy fog inside the car. i have tried sliding the control, back and fourth only one time it worked for a while and then stoped. my car is a 92 corrado on a k reg please can anyone assist me resolve this probem thanks, in advance.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum

Ok it could be either the eariler slider control or the late rotory control.

If the slider/knob feels like its resisting the cable could be jammed.

If the slider works ok then one of the ducts which carries air from the heater motor to the dash vents could have come apart, it would be easier to show this on a diagram if anyone has one.

Shut off the front facing vents, this would cuase pressure and make the air try to escape through the windscreen vents. (as long as its in the windscreen position) if a little air comes out then you will know its the cable not operating properly.

Im not too sure how much a cable cost but it can be replaced quite easily for this you will need to undo the four screws iether side of the heater control unit.