Sign in to follow this  
mimjed

pressed plates (ebay)

platemyride are good and dubmeister are better again because they are legal

whats that about on dubmeister v5 + driving licence/passport before they will ship plates??

yeah i guess, but if all places dont ask for this then surely its a waste of time??

I have just bought some pressed plates from Frampton's in Portsmouth. I'm very pleased with them, arrived very quickly and are UK road legal :D

as for asking for documentation, I think all places are now supposed to ask unless they are selling show plates which aren't road legal

fair cop. place down the road does them but they are pants, no docs with them.

how much? did they want docs?

yes they wanted docs but I scanned and emailled mine to them to save time (they only took 2 days to arrive and I ordered mine after 5pm). They cost me £40 - I did find cheaper online (craigsplates.com) but as the company name has to be on the bottom of the plates nowadays, I wanted the shortest name I could find and one that sounded smart :oops: what a snob I am :lol:

the majority of the plaggy sort are ok. alloy ones tend to get you pulled!

mostly its spacing font and reflectiveness that winds the filth up. but these are met by dubmeister and others that make pressed plates.

the company name has to be on the bottom of the plates nowadays

thats supposed of been there for a long time, i got fined for running black/silver plates when i was 17. said i was in the wrong for not having the company name and postcode on them too

I thought all pressed plates were illegal? How can you tell the legal ones?

I spoke to them (and emailled them) clearly stating that I wanted UK road legal plates and they were very helpful :) They are reflective, have the right font and spacing and have the company name and postcode where the plates were made on them, so I hope they are legal!! I was assured they are, they even advertise them as being legal on their website. I even got a choice of whether I wanted the new font (since 51 plate, I guess) or the old style - I chose the old style to keep it consistent with the age of the car

yours will be fine....fook it im going for alloy ones again, im sure ill regret it but :luvlove:

tell me about it, i chuffin loved my black and silver plates. sold the car years ago but plates are still in the garage. mean were not allowed them on really