Sign in to follow this  
foggy

Coilovers, steering and starting! HELP?!!

Hello People,

I recently bought my first corrado. A 94 VR6.

First of all i need help with a couple of possible issues:

When sitting on the drive and sometimes at low speed there is a knocking noise when moving steering a few inches left and then right! this doesnt seem to always happen. It wouls seem that after the car ha sbeen driven, parked, then used again the noise has gone or become so quiet i dont notice?! Any ideas??

Starting my C, she starts, everytime. although i get a real rough start and takes a shor twhile before it fires up with a fairly abrupt noise!! other times it will start as soon as the key is turned or sometimes just fall flat and i get nothing - although after a couple of attempts she starts! any ideas on this one??

my last question, prob the easiest.. COilovers.. I had a search through the forum but found no immediate answer. I was looking at the FK AK's, is anyone running these- whats your thoughts views? is it worth spending the extra couple of hundred on highsports?

Im not the most techy guy.. so any help much appreciated.

Cheers Foggy

Couple of questions for you to think about. When were the chains last done? when was the last service done?

as for coilovers, in my experience FK's are terrible and i would stay well clear!!! as for choice, it depends what your after. I love my KW V1's, i was a little worried about spending the extra money and not noticing the difference between FK's but ride quality is a thousand times better. You can spend £150 on hottuning coils or similar if your just wanting to drop your car as low as possible and want it rock hard but if its ride quality and good handling id definately spend the extra dosh, but theres a suspension discussion thread to back me up anyway!