Sign in to follow this  
awigman

Loose Wire to where Distributer cap sits?!?

First of all pls except my apologies in my lack of engine knowledge. Iv been having trouble recently getting my car started, i think i have narrowed it down to a loose wire that connects to where the dizzi cap sits. Can someone please post up a pic of a 16v engine bay so i can point out what i mean (iv lost the lead that connects my camera to my computer) If anyone knows which wire i mean, could this be causing the car not to start? It turns over but will not fire up. Thanks

I have managed to find a pic on google. The wire in question is the one that is slightly hanging out. Mine is in a similar state, it is connected but hanging slightly loose. Could this be the reason for not starting?

thanks

That's the hall sender. Your ignition timing will go out the window if it's damaged!

Aye, pop a cable tie around it for a quick/temporary fix, but it may already be damaged inside unfortunately :(

Neil.

How can i fix it for good? Iv got a cable tie round it for now and its fine but when it was loose the timing was all over the place!