frandaman

Corrados in Bournemouth area.... WHO ARE YOU?!

Two of my friends and I are Corrado owners, and we are all on a university course in Bournemouth. We keep seeing loads of other C's but the drivers seem pretty unresponsive to the usual wave/flash. It seems as though there is a really high concentration of our supposedly 'rare' cars, yet none of them seem to be on this forum. :D

Anyone in this area?

I was there this weekend for 3 days in mine. Didnt see any other Cs though. Bournemouths a nice place for a day out so you might find that some of them arent local.

You're in luck. You not only have an aged hardcore Corrado owner in the town (12 years, 3rd Corrado) but also (according to who you talk to) a celebrity owner as well! How lucky are you eh? (again depends on who you talk to!). There are a few Corrados in Bournemouth these days but a lot fewer than there were about 5 years ago when there were over 20 that I knew personally, but I think that's the case most places these days.

My car has been off the road for the past 4 months following a blown/seized engine and I've been living with the frustration of being unable to collect it today due to work commitments. But my car with it's er... unusual... livery should be back on the roads tomorrow night.

If you're interested in meeting up then drop me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. I'm also sure there will be a South Coast meet somewhere near Southampton this side of Christmas.

Cheers

John

You're in luck. You not only have an aged hardcore Corrado owner in the town (12 years, 3rd Corrado) but also (according to who you talk to) a celebrity owner as well! How lucky are you eh? (again depends on who you talk to!). There are a few Corrados in Bournemouth these days but a lot fewer than there were about 5 years ago when there were over 20 that I knew personally, but I think that's the case most places these days.

My car has been off the road for the past 4 months following a blown/seized engine and I've been living with the frustration of being unable to collect it today due to work commitments. But my car with it's er... unusual... livery should be back on the roads tomorrow night.

If you're interested in meeting up then drop me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. I'm also sure there will be a South Coast meet somewhere near Southampton this side of Christmas.

Cheers

John

This wouldn't happen to mr a certain Mr Munyard would it? We met at Brands Hatch A LONG time ago and we watched Ken Lark put his Raddo round that track to good effect! I've still got my C, had it for 10 years now!! (My name is Ben and my car is the blue one parked next to yours...)

DSCF0329.JPG[/attachment:2scwwmgq]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCF0314.JPG[/attachment:2scwwmgq]

im around the bournemouth area so keep an eye out for a nugget vr!! saying that i seen a k reg 16v today whilst walking to college anyone here? i know there is a corrado spotting thread but as we are talking about bournemouth i might aswell throw it in here!!

im around the bournemouth area so keep an eye out for a nugget vr!! saying that i seen a k reg 16v today whilst walking to college anyone here? i know there is a corrado spotting thread but as we are talking about bournemouth i might aswell throw it in here!!

Not a flash red one is it? K933VPC? If it is, it's one of my friend's cars, brilliant little 2.0 which I used to own.

no it was a grey one! i will look out for it though! im moving to bournemouth soon so you will probably see me around a lot more!!

Yeah will look out for you! Our cars are the previously mentioned red valver, a mystic blue storm and a dark pearl burgandy vr6 :D

Hi fella,

Two of us over near poole.

There is normally a VW meet over this way, every second sunday of every month, You guys should cruise on over.

Its at Mc Donalds on Holes Bay Roundabout.

I have a Red 16 valver on Dzs

My mate Kev had a G60 Turbo, on BBS Splits, which was slammed and stripped. But was written off. But hes got another K plate G now.

Were currently both on the 16v turbo mission.

wow so there is quite a lot around that area then!! well i will probably be at the next tidy vag so if you guys are up for it then ill be down that way. second sunday of every month is that right?

Im down in swanage and would be over in bournemouth more often if I could get on the bloody ferry!

There does seem to be loads of corrados around here though.

Tidyvag.co.uk has quite a few corrados on it.

Im down in swanage and would be over in bournemouth more often if I could get on the bloody ferry!

I have to admit I've given the Tidy VAG meets a wide berth for about 18 months. Sounded a bit too much like a trip to a gynacologists to me. I went to a lot of the early meets but then stopped going because most of the people in the centre of it all spawned kids and for a while they were all bloody baby-talk rather than car talk. In other words it was as boring as hell... ZzzZzzZzz...

But given the comments on here I might be persuaded to give it a go as maybe things are better there now. If nothing else the coffee in McDonalds is cheap, LOL.

I have to admit I've given the Tidy VAG meets a wide berth for about 18 months. Sounds too much like a trip to a gynacologists to me. I went to a lot of the early meets but then stopped going because most of the people in the centre of it all spawned kids and for a while they were all bloody baby-talk rather than car talk. In other words it was as boring as hell... ZzzZzzZzz...

But given the comments on here I might be persuaded to give it a go as maybe things are better there now. If nothing else the coffee in McDonalds is cheap, LOL.

Yeah give it a go mate!

Next one's the 8th of November, lets make it a Corrado meet :lol:

Hi guys, bought my G60 in 93 from Diamonds Creekmoor, now 16 years later & still a beautiful drive, best £12.5k I ever spent. Used most days in & around Bournemouth it has been ultra reliable, what a car..... :luvlove:

Mick

Hi guys, bought my G60 in 93 from Diamonds Creekmoor, now 16 years later & still a beautiful drive, best £12.5k I ever spent. Used most days in & around Bournemouth it has been ultra reliable, what a car..... :luvlove:

Mick

Is there any chance of you joining us on the 8th November? It would be nice to know who my Corrado chums in Bournemouth are these days! I think you must be one of the longest G60 owners I've met. That really is a long term ownership.

Mick

Hi Mick,

That is one hell of a Corrado dedication! I agree with corozin, come join us on the 8th nov it would be good to put a face on these people. What colour is your G60?

Jim

ahh! im not here on the 8th!!! could we also do another meet next month at tidy vag so i can get involved to?

We could have our own Corrado meet if there's enough of us, just make something up out of the blue?

ahh! im not here on the 8th!!! could we also do another meet next month at tidy vag so i can get involved to?

We could have our own Corrado meet if there's enough of us, just make something up out of the blue?

Sounds like a plan! :D

Anyone else up for it?

Anyone else up for it?

Years ago we used to get together at the Smuggler's Arms in Ferndown as it has a big car park. A Corrado meet between now & Christmas would be good. Since it's been a while since the South Coast mob met I'll set up a thread on Events tomorrow for it.

Anyone else up for it?

Years ago we used to get together at the Smuggler's Arms in Ferndown as it has a big car park. A Corrado meet between now & Christmas would be good. Since it's been a while since the South Coast mob met I'll set up a thread on Events tomorrow for it.

Haha what are the odds of that, myself and fran were down the Smuggler's Arms Sat nite!

Plenty of room in that car park, sounds like a plan.