Sign in to follow this  
Complete Chav

catch tank leak

im not very good at mechanics so need a bit of help every time i go out in my turbotechnics corrado for the last couple of days oil has been coming out of the top of my catch tank is this somet that needs emptying and wats the best way to deal with the problem thanks for any help

i would say you have to empty it !! its for catching oil from i would guess the breather pipe from the rocker cover rather than it all go back into the engine

you would have a catch tank there so you will need to empty it every couple of months or something like that

hard to judge the best way without a picture, normally theres a valve/release mechanism on the bottom of the tank.

makes a fair amount of mess from the pressure, so pint glass or similar over the valve before you open it.

but catch tanks need emptying regularly, depends how much you drive and size of tank as to how often. keep an eye on it.

cheers ive just took it off and emptied it theres an allen key release on the bottom of it but now ive emptied it the breather pipe goes on and then theres another top hole for the k&n breather filter but there must be tomuch pressure as the dirty oil just bounces off the bottom of the tank str8 out the k&n breather filter so im just woundering whether replacing that with a proper lid to stop it shooting str8 out dont think this will do any harm there is a gauge on the back to tell me when its full