Sign in to follow this  
fla

door cards gap

One thing that has bugged me for ages is th gap at te top of my door cards. I originally thought this was due to my having appied some thick acoustic foam on te back, but after removing it, the gap is still there. Any solutions for this? I tried fitting teh plastic trim at the top securely hoping to use the friction in the rubber lips along the internal length but this has not helped.

See the pics below:

The door card should slot into the black plastic "bar" that runs across the bottom of the window.

It looks as though your leather retrim is too thick to slot into the gap.

You could try adjusting the angle of the black trim(by pressing it down, or lifting it up a bit) , and seeing if the door card will slot into it then.

is the top trim split and not holding the card? the door locking knob should be practically flush with the top surface of the top trim, that's way off, is it a re-trim of the card making it too thick to push into the trim?

ha, just beaten to it ^^

is the top trim split and not holding the card? the door locking knob should be practically flush with the top surface of the top trim, that's way off, is it a re-trim of the card making it too thick to push into the trim?

ha, just beaten to it ^^

No its not a retrim. The trim isnt split either. I did press it in quite firmly lafterwards and the trim did hold on to the card for a bit but after about 10 days it sort of slid off again. Its vinyl at teh top bit which is also quite thick with the padding, but i wouldnt have thought that would be an issue as it should really just compress, surely?

Look to me like the pins are out of place and are pulling the door skin forward, try unscrewing those door pins and push the skin back under the plastic strip at the bottom of the window frame, I bet it stays there then.

something is fitted wrong thats for sure, does the doorcard feel loose or tight?

Feels tight, no movement at all. I'll have a little play this weekend, but I was tempted to put some screws in there somehow, just not sure how or where :?

Also, could any of you with leather post up similar pics of your doorcards, top and sides, to illustrate how far the top trim sits into the card? Thanks