Sign in to follow this  
chunk

weird sub problem

i hav a weirrd prob with my subs, had them in 4 a while now but they stoped workn the weirrd thing is they work fine when i push the clutch pedal down and keep it there. Al wires r fine and not runing behind the pedal. Any help please, its doing my nut in!!

it is amplified?

where does the power cable run through to the battery? does it get near the clutch mech under bonnet?

have you ran any cables near the clutch pedal? could it be that the clutch pedal has worn through a wire and by pressing it, its reconnecting it? sounds a very weird problem!

thanks for the replys, wel the live come from the batt straight bak through a unused gromit just under exspantion tank in 2 the top of passenger footwell then runs under the plastic cill at door under bak seat and then in 2my amp. Then the remot wire comes from headunit round past clutch pedal, fuse box, plastic cill at door under back seat and in 2 amp. so i check remot wire and clutch pedal isnt touchen it atall. I pulled al wires out made sure that num o them 2 had bin cut or damaged but everyhing seams fine. I was out in it 2day and now doesnt work atall, i think gona rip it al out and re wire it and hope that work. Where is the clutch mechinizm under hood? I cant c nutton moven just hear it sqeeking ha. Thanks 4 help guys, o ye the earth cable goes 2 a huge bolt in the boot.

Sounds like it has something to do with the remote turn on. Try re-routing it. I've got mine going under the clocks then out the other side of the fuse box.

:hitler: thanks 4 the reply, ye im just going 2 rewire everyhing and reroute the remot wire, just away2go do it rite now,get bak in an hour wit result, fingers crossed! Thanks again

wel took everyhing out wired it up (without hideing wired) and stil neva work,so went out bot a multimeter and the rly thin remot wire that goes 2 head unit must hav a break in it so get a wire 2mo and fingers crossed again!

hey not been on 4 while, internet buggered up, ye there very strange. Like my spoiler, worked fine (up at 45 and down at 12 or sumit) but the over ride switch didnt work, so took switch apart fixd it, but now she goes up at 45 but not down again,until i riggel the the switch,then down she goes. Any idea's? Chears