Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Thats a first - pleasant one at that

Bought an Audi 80 Avant 2.6 Quattro last week, after the drive home (250 miles) decided it was not the car for me so re-advertised it immediately. Spent some time and money sorting out the few small problems with it but sold it at a break even price within 4 hours of it being advertised.

New owner collected it tonight and insisted on paying me £50 more than the asking price - perhaps describing cars honestly does sometimes pay dividends

Bought an Audi 80 Avant 2.6 Quattro last week, after the drive home (250 miles) decided it was not the car for me so re-advertised it immediately. Spent some time and money sorting out the few small problems with it but sold it at a break even price within 4 hours of it being advertised.

New owner collected it tonight and insisted on paying me £50 more than the asking price - perhaps describing cars honestly does sometimes pay dividends

What?! he offered to pay extra :cuckoo:

Fair enough :lol: well done :D

Weird I know but he insisted on paying me extra as I had told him about the couple of issues that the car had and got them sorted, all I did was keep my word, he obviously thought that was worthy of paying a little more money

Just didn't have that "something" that you can't describe but you know when its missing - a sixth sense was telling me it just wasn't going to be a car I would keep.

Already replaced with a big barge of an Audi A6 2.8SE (30 valve as opposed to the 12V) - manual (always my preference), full leather, climate etc etc, 15 Audi stamps in the service book with supporting invoices, 12 months MOT all for the princely sum of £1000 - all it needs is a couple of stone chips touching in and a simple alloy refurb that I can do myself.

I'll definitely give it the full machine polish treatment etc though

If anyone wants an interesting 'bangernomics' project involving a rare 1981 VW Santana saloon, with the 5 cylinder n/a Audi engine fitted send me a PM as I know of one with failing bodywork but great mechanicals in the Bournemouth area available. A little piece of VW history as they only made this particular model for about a year.

How "failing" is the bodywork John

It's enough to fail an MOT. Give me a ring if you want to discuss & I'll put you in touch with the owner as she has the MOT sheets. You'd probably have to trailer it with no MOT though.

John

Doesn't it just restore your faith in humanity after reading of nothing but greedy commercial bankers and MP's for the last 12 months? :notworthy:

How "failing" is the bodywork John

It's enough to fail an MOT. Give me a ring if you want to discuss & I'll put you in touch with the owner as she has the MOT sheets. You'd probably have to trailer it with no MOT though.

John

Damn.. been toying with the idea of a Sultana on air in my head recently! After seeing the early Mk2 Pish-rat on air at Players/Westside.. :clap: