Sign in to follow this  
GusGoose

Which rubber first??

HI There,

I have owned a lovely 95 plate VR6 for a couple of years now, 76K on the clock, full VAG history and totally standard in shiny shiny blue. I have yet to 'tinker' with the car, however I have been speaking to a few people and they have suggested that I start with the current rubber bushes on the car, both the suspension and engine mounts and I will see a staggering improvement to the handling that I currently experience (not that it's eactly shabby right now! :wink: ).

I have standard suspension set up, too poor to upgrade currently :cry: , but would like to make a start on re newing the bushes and wonder which ones will make a significant impact to the handling of the car? :clap:

Can anyone also comment whether i should keep to OEM bushes or consider buying from the likes of Powerflex?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Angus

i would say the front wishbone bushes rear beam bushes top mount bushes and then engine mount bushes

if you want a firm and crashy ride use powerfles (plus they wear quicker) if not use audi tt and the r32 bushes in the wishbones

just as good and better comfort or go std as they arnt bad either :D

i would say the front wishbone bushes rear beam bushes top mount bushes and then engine mount bushes

if you want a firm and crashy ride use powerfles (plus they wear quicker) if not use audi tt and the r32 bushes in the wishbones

just as good and better comfort or go std as they arnt bad either :D

Hi there Millerman,

Thanks ever so much for the information, invaluable! I was hoping the car could remain standard and it's nice to know the standard bushes from VW are as good as anything else.

I will get cracking :wave: !

Cheers

Angus