Sign in to follow this  
Wild-Animal

Starting problem when warm?

Hey i have a 16v 1.8 1989 corrado and have had it since March, runs perfectly fine. It starts cold without a problem i mean as soon as the key turns the old car fires up fine no problem everytime. But the problem is starting the car when it is warm. The car cranks over fine but takes a long time to fire up, i reckon it is something to do with fuel as it can stutter a bit before running properly as if there is not enough fuel.Fuel pump is fine you can here it buzzing away. any suggestions would be great might save me a stater motor in the near future.

thanks

Calum

Might be the fuel rail getting too hot, the injectors leaking or the cold start injector firing when it shouldn't. Try unplugging it, then maybe investigate the injectors for one or more leaking.

I would check all of this, and the fuel accumulator as well.

However, you might have more then one problem that is causing this issue at the same time...

what was the problem in the end??? this seems to be a common problem but quite a few things it could be...