Sign in to follow this  
little_miss_naughty

Emissions Help

silly question but do you have a de-cat fitted to your exhaust system?

if your car was made after 1992 i think you need the Cat fitted to pass the emissions test. maybe wrong with the year :confused4:

How much did it fail by? Would a good old 'Italian tune up' be enough?

Not sure he didnt say, on the mot paper it says it failed because the reading was to high after the 2nd lamda reading! Whats an Italian Tune up?

How much did it fail by? Would a good old 'Italian tune up' be enough?

Not sure he didnt say, on the mot paper it says it failed because the reading was to high after the 2nd lamda reading! Whats an Italian Tune up?

Adding something to the fuel isn't it ? :)

People have been known to get better emissions readings after giving the car a bit of a thrashing so i'm told!

My car failed on the emissions when I first got it. I changed the oil, air, and fuel filters, the spark plugs and put some redex, injector cleaner in the petrol and gave it a good hard drive before the mot. It passed easily. As others have said a faulty lambda and a defective cat or no cat can cause problems.

Look for two snapped wires leading from the lambda to the ECU. Thats what failed mine.

Yes, look down the side of the drivers suspension turrent, back left of the engine, below the air intake pipe. Thats where the lambda connects to the engine ecu loom. Its been know for wires to be found broken down there, happened to me and a few others.