Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Engine mounts for a G60

Hello Folks,

I was looking into ah new rear engine mount for my G60. I went to VW they quoted me :mad: £105 for one. Just wondering how much it would be for a VT number or is there any other suppliers oot there that do this mount with equal or better quality than VW. Only the best will do :wink: :wink:

Sandy G60

got qouted the same....think it was plus vat though....gsf list two types I went for the more expensive ones listed.When I looked in detail at them they appeared to have a tiny vw stamp on the top of the rubbers - not sure if they are genuine but saved me £60 odd quid and seem fine.

im using a volkspeed front mount and im happy with that. its pretty beefy.

not sure if they are still available after the old volkspeed finished but maybe they are. im after a new rear mount too. it was proper sturdy before and recently gone iffy again with a few extra vibrations.

I've got a VT mount on the front the now so ah will proberly jist go for a VT rear mount too.

PS does turn2 make engine mounts for the G60

Sandy G60

Just put the solid rubber one from other marks of Golf etc. on mine PN:191199262A, but you need the bracket to go with it for the conversion PN:357199471. Also, the bolt through the centre needs to be bought separately, can't remeber the PN for that but you'll be able to see on ETKA. Apart from that it's a straight swap. Get the bracket and bolt from VW and the mount from either VW or GSF and the the like. All in it cost about £45 I think...???

A mate of mine has just done his too, with the solid rubber VW front mount and gearbox mount (rather than the jelly ones) and the set up on both is great.

Toby

I have a mount that was modified by Dubsport. I don't know what they do inside. Ian Birch told me they open them up do some messing about and then weld them back up. It was 60quid 3 years ago. I asked him about VT and he sold me this one.

It seems well up to the job. About 25K on it now and plenty of trackdays.

I have taken a similar MK2 mount apart and modified it myself. There is a rubber block inside which is full of holes. I just filled the holes up with some 6mm rod that I had kicking about. The more holes you fill the stiffer it would get. Vibrations not a problem and very cheap.

Gavin