Sign in to follow this  
B41LEY

Almost lost faith in the old vr

Bought my vr in october last year and since then it has been a real pleasure to own and drive. Its also been great to meet and make new friends at shows/events etc.

However, in the last month i really have lost faith in the vr. So much that i did consider cutting my loses and selling it. It all began with a blown head gasket and as soon as the engine was stripped down it became clear that was a lot more wrong with it. So i went down the route of "do the job once and do a proper job" so a complete engine rebuild began. Anyway, over 2k later all was complete!

But, ever since i got it back it has had intermittent starting/running problems. The garage that did the work had the attitude that their work was not at fault and basically left me to sort it myself. So, 2k lighter in my pocket and with a car running worst than ever you can begin to imagine my frustration/anger/dissapointment/suicidal thoughts etc

Anyway, a new distributor/ht leads and coil have finally fixed the problem and the car is running sweeeeeet! Can't wait to start racking up the miles! Over a month of "what the hell can be wrong with it now" was all worth it just for that noise and power when i bury my right foot into the carpet! They might give us all sleepless nights, empty bank accounts and more importantly a grumpy girlfriend but you've got to love them! Ian

it is the best feeling in the world when it runs sweet after a bad spot!

even more so when you fix it yourself,

happy days :D

Phew nice one Ian I thought you were going to say it was still broken!

Bet you are well chuffed now. They cost a bit to keep going, but what else gives you the noise and sense of occasion for the money 8)

Look fwd to checking out your overhauled motor at Sealth

Matt

I'm glad its sorted now mate, and I'm glad I decided to keep hold of that coil, it nearly went in the bin several times! :lol: