Sign in to follow this  
radness

Oil filter

037 115 561 Anyone know if this can be used in a 9a?

Also is it advisable to change your oil filter with every oil change? my last one was a year ago.

one last question, is WIX a good brand to use? Sorry, i tried searching on the forum for wix but noting about weather it's a good brand or not to get.

thanks for the response

just go to VW, this question crops up about once a week and basically genuine VW filters are about the cheapest every time someone checks prices.

That part number is for the G60 filter - unique to the G60 engine.

only because it's short surely?

I've never quite understood why all the 1.6-2L VW engines 2E, KR, 9A, PB, PG etc... all have different filters, the blocks are all basically the same, I guess the 16v and engines with piston squirters have slightly higher capacity pumps but why you need a slightly different filter other than space to fit it... :shrug:

It's actually longer Dave and twice the price - it has a smaller mesh inside to protect the charger...

Other than that they are mostly the same, just VW went to the 'longlife' filter for the MK3 Golf which is used in the 2E and 9a engines, the KR uses the original MK2 one and the VR uses a cartridge type.

It's actually longer Dave and twice the price - it has a smaller mesh inside to protect the charger...

Other than that they are mostly the same, just VW went to the 'longlife' filter for the MK3 Golf which is used in the 2E and 9a engines, the KR uses the original MK2 one and the VR uses a cartridge type.

ah, I see, I've always wondered why the 1.8 and 2L 16v engines had different filters, I've used both on mine with no ill effects and that explains why. I guess the G60 filter on a 16v would be overkill and just more expensive.