Sign in to follow this  
bad boy

CORRADO WITH DRIVERS AIR BAG

My mate as just purchased a UK Corrado storm N reg that as a drivers air bag he as checked with VW and it is a factory fitted item, as anyone else got or seen a Corrado with a drivers air bag ???? .......... :D

Never heard of it .

Are you sure its not a steering wheel from a later MK3 golf that says airbag on it??

That was one of the reasons VW gave for stopping the Corrado.

It was going to take too much to retool for airbags!!!!

Is this the accident damaged VR6 with the Storm badges?

Its not a Storm if it is :D :D

Never heard of a Corrado in the UK with airbags. I've read somewhere on the Corrado Club of Canada site that something like 26 models were imported into Canada with airbags near the end of production. I've also seen Corrado's on eBay US and Germany sold with airbags in the past.

Personally even if you could get them here I don't know if I could trust the operation of airbags on a 15 year or so car.

Does this car have passenger air bags too?

Not heard of it on a UK spec car... However if you look in the driver's manual for the corrado there is a section on airbags. guess it was for the safety conscious sweeeeeeeeeeeeds.

Did he buy it off ebay? There was one on there recently with an airbag, had a damaged front end.

yes he did buy it off ebay, he checked with VW and it is a factory option the air bag light is built into the clocks. So i bet there aren`t many uk C fitted with this option ..... :D

Never seen a corrado with cruise control. However, in the manual that comes with the car it has an operation guide in there for it. :shrug:

Never seen a corrado with cruise control. However, in the manual that comes with the car it has an operation guide in there for it. :shrug:

There was a link on here the other day for a cruise control unit, I think it comes from a Passat.

They never offered a RHD Corrado with Airbags. As they had to have that knee bar which was pictured earlier in the thread. Which ETKA states is LHD specific.

Good job really, don't fancy having a T3 Steering Wheel :lol:

....if it is that one at the bottom of the add it actually says its isnt a storm.

Would be very interested to know what quotes he is getting for the repair work?

he works in a bodyshop and its now all fixed and it only cost him £350 ...... not bad hey ..... :D