Sign in to follow this  
dragon green

Water in fuse box shelf UPDATE FIXED

I have a water leak on the drivers side, so much so its filling the fusebox shelf with water ! Its coming in from the bulkhead end and running into the shelf,then dripping onto my feet !

I have dropped the shelfs,made sure the drain holes are clear,i can see traces of water,but not where its coming in,

anyone had this problem before ? any ideas ?

probably coming in from the holes under the scuttle panel if it has been off before and the lugs snapped off then the hole is open there is a series of them running along of the front of the screen shit design imo

might be wort thrying to remove 3 piece scuttle cover and putting something over holes apart from that not really much help sorry

I did the foilage seal a couple of months ago !

The rain we had last night can only be described as Biblical !!

OK, but did you also replace the windscreen scuttle clips and seals? Of just use Mastik/Silicon? :brickwall:

All new seals and clips,in fact i bought two sets,as they where so cheap !

when(if) it stops raining here thats my next port of call,drop the scuttle and make sure all clips are watertight

Did you find out what was causing this? Ive just gone to drive to work and waters all over my fuse box and carpet :(

I dropped the shelfs out, got upside down with a torch and had a good look !

it seemed to be coming in through one of the scuttle fittings,as i had a crack in the screen (passenger side) i thought id kill two birds with one stone!

So today i had a new screen fitted (number three) in nine years of ownership,i supplied the fitter with all new scuttle clips to make his job easier.

New screen in, and fitter remarked how bad the old screen was fitted ! That bad my scuttle covers are warped,and dont fit tight to the screen !

Fingers crossed,it doesnt leak ! After the last leak i did clean out all drainage holes under the scuttle,ruddy leaves get everywhere, it did nearly cure it,

hope this helps

Hats of to National Windscreens, for a top class job :clap:

Cool ill have to have a proper look before i drop the car off at Jabbasport in the morning...fingers crossed its not a new window i need!!!

New windscreen didnt cure the leak,the scuttle clips are in fact outside of the "cabin" but where replaced anyway.

I stripped the wiper mechanism out, and removed the sound deadening from the drivers side.

Had a good clean up,and found nothing unaware there.Replaced the sound deadening with some pukka stuff i got of

e-bay.

Then while cutting the sound deadening in,around the bonnet release cable,found the boot/grommet had perished on the underside. :clap:

Mr. Mastic soon cured that !

Replaced wiper linkage, with one i had already rebiult,nice shiny sound deadening,

all is good :D

same issue here windscreen pi**ing in at the top and side, due to slight corrsion around the screen frame and poor fitting, and the gromet for my bonnet release is looking persihed, and leaking.!!