Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

BUMP STRIP REMOVEAL

Have been looking through the forum about bump strip removeal just wondering what you guys think of it.

Is it really worthwhile? have use got any pics of what it looks like after the removeal? also if it leaves any marks or scratchs on the paintwork? and whats the best way you guys have found to remove them?

cheers

I took mine off, and a few odd patches of lacquer and paint came off, but was slightly rusty underneath so must have been like it for a while, and there is also now a lip where the o/s door had been resprayed with them on. So just be careful, but I prefer the look of it and mine needs some parking dents sorted and various paintwork so it's no big deal to sort it out.

Otherwise if you're afraid of damaging the paint/don't want to have to repair it, perhaps give it more careful consideration :p

Removed mine using gallons of hot water to soften thing up a bit. Took it real slow and they came off without damage. As my C is white I think it made it look a lot cleaner.

i've heard its pretty easy with a heat gun to melt the sticky and an old credit card to peel it off and then jus clean up the sticky stuff left afterwards

Took mine off a while ago and it was a pig of a job to be honest... Took hours and despite heating the strips etc as suggested they just didn't want to budge at all!

VERY VERY worth the effort though as the strips really do hide the sweet lines of the Corrado...