jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

renault lotus looks **** awesome, front exhaust giving a blown floor i would hand them the award already if i didnt think mclaren have a trick up sleeve

McLaren are rumoured to have the same exhaust sytem on their 2011 car.

Ian.

for anyone trying to work out the lotus nonsense :)

screen-shot-2011-02-01-at-19-23-16.png[/attachment:2fpgb7cl]

Well, that makes it a hell of a lot clearer. :scratch: :lol:

Hi folks, took the 'Rado upto Valencia this morning to see the F1 testing which at €5 entry is no bad deal! Typically Massa's Ferrari chucked its oil out after a lap, anyway for any F1 fans on this fab forum, i have put my pictures on my website http://www.flickr.com/photos/udaltea i hope you enjoy them and if you want to download them you have my permission of course!

5413810418_a75bbc22f5.jpg

IMG_6059 by superleeds1992, on Flickr

Meanwhile on the way home i took the country road, which unearthed a find thru a breaker's yard fence.....

attachment:6yjweeag]

merged with main F1 thread and added a link to your first picture - cars are looking pretty smart!

but that C's a bit of a spot! whats a UK corrado doing in a spanish breakers yard? (apart from the obvious "broke down halfway through a road-trip" guess!)

OK no problem that makes sense. Shame there are no Ferrari photos as Mass's crack pipe went just as i got there. Will investigate the Corrado if i can negotiate the scrapyard doberman, its is a strange one as it is LHD and with a US style plate, ok stand by......

McLaren have revealed this season's car, be interesting to see how it performs at the next round of testing

BBC Sport

even though I've been a Ferrari fan since I was old enough to say "red car", I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that car will win the championship this year :salute:

First they need it to stop catching on fire!

Its going to be another close one this year but I reckon if Red Bull can keep it together, it'll be Vettel again. The new McLaren looks pretty funky, not sure about how reliable it will be with the new squashed design.

Doesn't sound good for Kubica.. A year for his hand to heal potentially :(

Not at all mate :(

see link for others http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9388940.stm

Never mind a year to recover, according to the article there's doubts he'll continue on in the sport.

If he doesnt return it will be a damn shame, not particularly a Kubica fan but he is a good driver and i would put him down to challenge at the front.

Bahrain has been cancelled folks, the first race is now Melbourne on 27th March. Bit of a shame for us race fans, but I wholly support what is happening in all these countries.

yup, apart from the shooting into the crowds and bombing airstriking the funeral processions in libya that is..

seriously though, it was kind of unpleasant that there was a sensation at one point that bahrain was cracking down so hard just to make sure that they could still hold the grand prix. i'm glad that even if that wasnt the case, they've decided to concentrate on sorting stuff out.

Yeah, what happened in Libya is atrocious, unfortunately there will usually be some deaths in mass revolutions like these, but hand grenades and machine guns is something that is unacceptable.

On topic, looks like it will be another Red Bull and Ferrari slugfest this year. McLaren I think may have some issues... :)

So did anyone watch the qualy?? Fantastic to see F1 back on, and looks amazing in HD.

I'm happy to see Mclaren doing well after a dismal winter, really wasn't expecting the pace they had today.

Happy to see HRT fail miserably. Harsh I know but to show up to what would have been the 2nd race of the season with an incomplete car is just amateurish, and they don't deserve to be part of F1.

Vettel absolutely smoked it! Unbelievably quick, without a proper KERS system too.

Provided the new tyres don't caused any major dramas I can see Vettel walking away with this race, and many more in the future. Unless the rumoured 'start-only' KERS becomes Red Bull's downfall.

Predictions for the race?

I was up at stupid o'colock this morning to watch the qualy. As you say nice to see the Mclarens showing some pace.

I've been reading the winter test reports and Mclaren have made some excellent progress in the last 4 weeks, dumping the octopus exhaust in favour of a more simple design and changing the rear floor. I think its been a bold decision for them to radically alter the aerodynamics of the car, instead of tweeking last years like most of the other teams.

I think that the Red Bulls are going to be hard to beat in qualy, but after reading about how well the Mclarens look after their tyres it could all prove different in the race.

Hoping for a Mclaren 1, 2. But that ay be asking for too much as I think Red Bull will take the win.

It should be an interesting season.....I guess in 8 hours we'll find out.

Also nice to see Alonso failing to produce the pace that the car showed during winter testing!

I thought it was a very good race to be honest, a good start to the season. Amazed by the progress Mclaren have made and a great 2nd place finish for Lewis. Vettel, although struggled more with the tyres he had a big enough gap to not have to worry too much - unlike webber :?

What the hell happened to the Ferraris? They looked in good shape in pre season testing but, for the first race at least, are out of shape especially Massa.

Again shame for the disqual for Perez as it was a fantastic debut as it was for Di Resta. Should be another good season.

Oh and it was nice to see Button havign a go at someone for a change.

Seems like no ones revived this thread!

Good race yesturday, gutted for webber i would like to see him win the WDC this year. What were Mclaren doing, they easily get 12 laps from option tyres, they brought in Hamilton on lap 24 and then bought him in lap 34 straight after Vettel, if they kept him out another 2-3 laps he couldve done the undercut i reckon.

Much better race than usual at Barcelona. Good to see that Red Bull aren't untouchable, and provided a gripping end to the race to see if Lewis could take Vettel. Looking forward to Monaco where Red Bulls aero advantage should be less important

Seems like no ones revived this thread!

Good race yesturday, gutted for webber i would like to see him win the WDC this year. What were Mclaren doing, they easily get 12 laps from option tyres, they brought in Hamilton on lap 24 and then bought him in lap 34 straight after Vettel, if they kept him out another 2-3 laps he couldve done the undercut i reckon.

The "undercut" on the new Pirelli tyres is the reverse of what we used to see on the Bridgestones. Fresh tyres are now way quicker than used ones so after his pitstop, Vettel would have been quicker than Hamilton. The only way for Hamilton to undercut Vettel would have been to pit before Vettel. Pirelli's offer no value in staying out longer than the guy you're racing, which makes it so interesting this year, you can't just run and run until the other guy pits. It's more of a game of chicken now, who pits first will go faster on the fresh tyres, but will have to risk doing a longer stint on them and sacrifice pace towards the end of the stint for track position.

What a race at Monaco this weekend. Sad for Button with the Race being stopped 8 laps to the end and the restart some 30 or so minutes later. I really thought he was in with a chance before that. Sutil - though - 8th I think - good for Force India. I am really liking this season, the changes to the car and pitting arrangements have made a remarked improvement to the enjoyment as a spectator. Sooooooooooo much overtaking, and i don't care if that is related to Kers - it makes Racing Drivers race. Loving it.

I thought Vettel was extremely lucky that the safety cars came out when they did. First time round it completely ruined Button's race strategy (which no doubt would have given him the win) and then had the race not been stopped, Alonso would have definitely made a move before the end of the race.

Another turn of good fortune for Vettel was the red flag in Q3 when it looked like either of the McLarens (especially Lewis) would have mounted a serious challenge for pole.

As it stands, I'm still unsure about Vettel as champion. Sure he's walking away with the lead this season, but last season he was in the best car by a country mile and never actually led the championship once. Alonso, in a much slower Ferrari and the McLarens pushed him to the finishing line and thats with him being favoured over Mark Webber within the team as well. Red Bull and Mark Webber would have sealed the Championships well before the end of the season if they hadn't been so biased towards Vettel.

Certainly an interesting race, I was hoping Lewis would do better then he did, still a 6th is better then a kick in the teeth.

I really hope the other drivers catch Vettel up in the WDC, otherwise it will be over way before the end of the season. Mclaren and at least during Monaco, Ferrari are looking to be pulling RB back in.

I agree the tyres, kers and drs have seriously improved the racing as in they actually race now and not just follow. Though imo they should get shot of the DRS and just keep the tyres and Kers.

Was a very good race indeed, I feel sorry for button as that would of been a very interesting and nail biting finish if it wasn't for the red flag. That was the type of racing I like to see, almost as good as BTTC :D

I hope the res of the races are this good and that Ferrari and Mclaren can catch Red Bull to make it a close competition.