Sign in to follow this  
macscorcher

Misfire

Hello folks !

Having a problem with my 1993 VR6 Corrado. Last week it started running really rough and felt like it was misfiring & not running on all cylinders at idle and when i was driving. Took it into local garage who said plugs were dirty, they cleaned them and all was fine again. Got in the car this morning and not that many miles later same thing again ! Managed to clear itself and then drove fine but seems like the problem isnt solved. Any suggestions about what could be causing it ? Thanks

By the way should've said its a coilpack engine with 128k on the clock.

Graeme

Bought the car in August so no sure exactly how old the leads are was thinking of getting new plugs and leads as a precaution but just wondering if there was anything else that could be causing this before i buy them as car still seems to drive fine i.e doesnt stall etc just runs rough ?

noticed any loss of/burning of oil? even a small amount? maybe worth cleaning the plugs again driving it for a couple of day then re-checking the plugs. fingers crossed it isn't but the problem could be slightly worse than fault ht leads. worth checking this

Car does use a bit of oil tbh bit smokey occasionaly, soon as the clouds stop leaking LOL im gona take plugs out give them a clean like you say or maybe replace them. What were you thinking might be the fault ?

Car does use a bit of oil tbh bit smokey occasionaly, soon as the clouds stop leaking LOL im gona take plugs out give them a clean like you say or maybe replace them.

If oil is finding its way into a cylinder/cylinders dont bother getting new plugs until youve solved the problem. pray its not your block. the heads a cheaper fix :D