Sign in to follow this  
ANDREW 30

Suggestions for upgrading speakers

I've already bought myself some audioscape door pockets fitted with 6.5" rainbow speakers, but what speakers would people suggest to replace the dash and rear speakers with?

I don't want to spend an absolute fortune, but looking for something good for the cost or punches above it's weight!

Andrew

You can't go far wrong with infinity kappa 6*9s in t rear shelf :)

I've have ran them 4 many years now & the quality &sound reproduction is awesome

they also do a 6.5" kappas 4 the door pods....my nxt audio upgrade :p

not sure bout t dash tho sorry, don't feel the need 2 run them lol

bass junkies online usually hav good prices on infinity range too

edit: obviously a good head unit is also key lol

I was'nt really planning on cutting up my rear shelf just after some decent bang for my buck in the original locations.

I might add a bit of sound proofing too!

Don't bother with crappy 6 X 9s - You sit in the front... not the back, and have got your sound spectrum pretty much sorted.

If they aren't amplified - get them amped.

If you haven't got one, get a decent 10 or 12" sub for the boot and amp that.

JOB DONE!

Where have you got the tweeters at the moment? I'd place them in the dash locations, as the stock dash speakers are only tweeters anyway. Other than that I'd recommend the ignore the rears, pop a sub in the boot method. Are you going to amp the rainbows?

I have 6x9s in both of my cars now. Didn't want to fit a sub, and upgraded 6x4 speakers in the parcel shelf supports just didn't really produce the sound I wanted. For the VR I looked for a parcel shelf that had already been cut (Thanks Jim) and have kept the original parcel shelf. Much better sound and I have nearly all of the bootspace still.

I've got uprated speakers in the door pods of both cars, the 16v has 2 way kenwoods, and the VR uses the original tweeters with speakers I don't remember the name of in the door. 16v sounds better, but I think that might be the head unit rather than the speakers.

i didnt want to cut into my parcel shelf either so i put some pyle blueline 4x6's in the rear parcel shelf supports. got to admit, there no where near as loud as some of the 6x9's out there but they are a million times better than the factor speakers, tbh there good enough for me. a sub in the boot would probably make these pointless though if your going that route

Don't bother with crappy 6 X 9s - You sit in the front... not the back, and have got your sound spectrum pretty much sorted.

If they aren't amplified - get them amped.

If you haven't got one, get a decent 10 or 12" sub for the boot and amp that.

JOB DONE!

crappy 6*9s!!!

seems to me u have never heard a proper infinity kappa setup :norty: