Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

Quick question about swapping kr cams on 9a.

Hi guys, really want to do this swap asap, just wondering does anything else need to be replaced at the same time?

Thanks,

Abdul :D

cam chain as it's pretty cheap and has to come off anyway,

depends how far you want to go, could put in a new cambelt, tensionner and even a set of hydraulic tappets.

Sorry to hijack your thread! (But your previous question helps me too :) ) I want to do this conversion before I get it back on the road, does it just LITERALLY swap straight over, as in timing etc is all the same or does it have to be modified or put out a little bit?

Cheers!

cam chain as it's pretty cheap and has to come off anyway,

depends how far you want to go, could put in a new cambelt, tensionner and even a set of hydraulic tappets.

tbh id quite like to keep it simple lol. The cambelt was changed 3k miles ago!

Short answer is no,but maybe just change your inlet manifold and rocker cover gaskets and the little timing chain.

As far as timing the engine it's the same procedure.All the same timing masks apply.

I was under the impression that you had to replace the gaskets or is that jet best practice?

as above if the gaskets and seals have not been changed recently then change them.

If they are that old they will fall apart when you dismantle anyway and you will have to replace them.