Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

General question re waterproof Car Cover for the C

just bought a car cover for the C. Cost £60/70.

Got it home and read on the box - ''Breathable & Water Resistant - NOT waterproof''

Excuse my stupidity, but can someone explain what this means :scratch:

Basically, if I leave the car out with the cover on and it's a pis'in down all night, should I expect to find the car wet underneath the next morning :shrug:

or in short, is this cover any use at all?................

Thanks

That's how I'd interpret it mate - able to withstand a sprinkling, but a downpour will probably work its way through :(

Get in touch with Alex at Elite Car care he's looking into some "proper" outdoor covers.... fleece lined too so won't mar the paint!

just bought a car cover for the C. Cost £60/70.

Got it home and read on the box - ''Breathable & Water Resistant - NOT waterproof''

Excuse my stupidity, but can someone explain what this means :scratch:

Basically, if I leave the car out with the cover on and it's a pis'in down all night, should I expect to find the car wet underneath the next morning :shrug:

or in short, is this cover any use at all?................

Thanks

Odd that they described it as breathable, given that that's normally a description for outdoor waterproof gear for humans, allowing the emission of perspiration through a waterproof membrane without the admission of water in.

Basically "water resistant" means that it's been treated with a water displacing chemical on the outside but that will never be the same as waterproof, which means that there is a membrane in there to stop the admission of water. It'd also need topping up often as the elements would strip that coating off.

thanks guys - Lisa, that's the one I was looking for :clap: reckon I'll try and exchange for it.

Cheers Mr Sands, good to have it explained out - another glowing reason this forum is so good :salute:

I'm the new keeper of that One Owner Green Storm!!! :cheers: :cheers: So chuffed!

car was advertised by Pat McCrotch who was amaze'in through the many oversea's phone calls and emails etc

It's been parked in Parents garage all week, so I've not had a chance to sponge her down ( :ignore: too much?! :lol: ) get it polished and hoovered out yet.

Will of course get photo's up as soon as this filthy weather passes (July maybe?) and I can get it looking tip top...

I've got this one for the G to stop the accident damage getting worse and rusting out:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_565257_langId_-1_categoryId_165611

Can I have it when you've finished? :lol:

Actually is it any good? Seeing as the Rado will now be used less than it was.... Our new car, "Annie" arrived today! :clap:

I've got this one for the G to stop the accident damage getting worse and rusting out:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_565257_langId_-1_categoryId_165611

Actually is it any good? Seeing as the Rado will now be used less than it was.... Our new car, "Annie" arrived today! :clap:

G has only been under it a couple of weeks, seems fine so far. As for "have it when I've finished" ... give me £55 and yes, you may!

G has only been under it a couple of weeks, seems fine so far. As for "have it when I've finished" ... give me £55 and yes, you may!

Seems fair, as long as winter's not finished by then! ;)