Sign in to follow this  
Toad

VAG COM and Windows 7....

Has anyone got it to work yet? I can't, it just won't open. I've tried using program compatability wizard to run it as an XP app as it worked fine on the old XP laptop.

:mad2:

Edit. 64 bit btw.

The new versions will work with it, but I have an ebay cable and use the old version, 409.11

Yeah I am, but should be sorted by then. I'm going to take the old craptop out with the car at some point. Should find any issues then. Was hoping to be able to do a fair bit of data logging though.

not much use to you i know but it works with vista :D if i can help im happy to im only up the m3 from ya

I know nothing of Vagcom, but I do know that anything that works on Vista should be 100% compatible with Win 7.

Toady - is the file you download called release4091s.exe ?

If so I got a corrupt version from the ross tech site which was only 1.02MB and came up with a CRC error when going through the installer - I downloaded again and got the full 1.11MB file and it appears to work ok.

Just been doing some testing, tried several versions and works fine for me but i've only got a 32bit machine here... I might try my laptop at home later which is 64bit and try and get it running as I think that is the problem.

As for uninstalling, you simply need to delete the VAGCOM folder under C:\program files and also the Start menu folder too

I've just had to install XP on dual boot for VAG-COM only purposes :D

seems the easiest way to me, aside from the fact my install was lacking the RAID drivers for my laptop and took me about 11 hours to find and configure the right ones.

Pain in the aasssssssss etc~ but, y'know, if it's the only way :D