Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Steering wheel options? retrim?

The steering wheel in my vr6 is feeling really crappy now, and i think it either needs replacing or retrimming?

has anyone had their standard wheel retrimmed or are there some decent aftermarket alternatives to consider?

I phoned a company called Transcal about retrimming my VR6 wheel and they reckoned about £150 but they would need to have a proper look.

Richi

Go Speak to Bernard Newbury in Southend... he may fit you in...

One of the only Trimmer's I'd ever recommend... you'd know why if you ever saw his Jade Ghia... :luvlove:

LINKY!

I know its non-OE but I always think the classic Momo team wheel looks real nice in pretty much any Dub. Had one in my old Mk2 Golf and its so nice to drive with too. As I say only thing thats put me off putting one in my Rado VR is they do look a little non-standard.

i think more and more coachwork trimmers are no longer around, as the deamand has somewhat diminished, any one know of any in cornwall?

we should get a group thread or a deal going with a coachwork trimmer to do all our steering wheels in nice new plush balck leather?!! :clap: