Sign in to follow this  
Silverfox

Misfiring VR6

Hello All :D

I recently purchased my VR6 from another forum member (shamvr69) and I'm v happy with it, but it has started misfiring a little bit, sometimes when idling and sometimes when driving, it had a recent full service 400 miles ago so I'm thinking that plugs and leads 'should' be fine. I had a friend look at the fault codes on a Sun diagnostic tool and it returned these fault codes:

01242 - final stage in control module

01249 - injector no. 1(wiring?)

00537 - lambda sensor

00513 - engine speed sensor G28

so I'm thinking of taking a look at the injector rail and wanted to know if it's a straightforward job are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of (barring replacing the manifold gasket!) and also would the other fault codes all be related just to the misfiring?

Good to see the forum back on line,

Eug 8)

The injector might be a little slow opening (VAG-COM can confirm that) but check the wiring isn't damaged too.

Engine speed sensor - Sometimes comes up if the engine is off when doing a scan, but if it starts and runs as normal, ignore it. Same with G68 Vehicle speed sensor if that ever comes up, if the speedo is working OK.

Lambda probe can be confirmed with a voltmeter as it should give a fluctuating 0.1 - 0.8 Volts at idle after preheat has finished, around 2 mins.

Final stage in control module - God knows, must be a Sun thing!

HTH

K