Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Modding Audioscape Pods

Have a bit of an issue...

Got some Audioscapes and they have been "modified" inside to fit Large (guess 6.5") speakers, most of the G-Fibre lips appear to have been ground away.

Problem I have is that I have a set of good (and expensive) Infinity 6" speaker I need to use but can't fit as there's not enough Lip... and No I'm not buying new speakers, these were a lot of dollar (as they are the referance series)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this? Or maybe have un cut some early-style Audioscapes thet want to swop out so they can run bigger speakers?

I would 'pad out' the lip with new material mate. A ring of plywood glued in should do it. Unfortunately Audioscape don't do Audio anymore, so we're on our own with these now :(

get a ring of card and cover it with parcel tape and fit it from the outside ....then use fibreglass from behind to build it out

once its dry the parcel tape will snap away and leave a neat finish that can be tidied up