Sign in to follow this  
Sam.l

Shuddering!

There may be an obvious answer to this question and i may look a bit silly but am curious none the less. Under hard braking the steering on my C begins to shudder, i know it could most likely be warped brake discs but new brake discs only went on the car march of this year. Could they have warped already or could there be another problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Yeah thought as much, could it possible that its just the rear discs as the fronts were replaced not too long ago? Or would it only be the fronts that cause that kind of shuddering in the steering? Thanks for posting mate, much appreciated. Gonna try and pop down an MOT station on the next day off. :)

Most pedal vibrations are from the front brakes,but rears can also cause this,go for a drive and pull the handbrake on gradually when moving,if the rears were out then the lever would judder and you can feel it through the car,if nothing at all then its the fronts. :(

Sounds like a good plan, but think ill make sure no-ones too close behind when doing it :) Wont mind too much if its the fronts, just want to pin point what it is so i can sort it out. Would rather not have to replace the discs all round! Thanks for your help, ill see how it goes trying your handbrake idea.

After trying the handbrake idea, where as you said if there was a juddering through the handbrake and car it could possibly be the rears.....but nothing. So guessing its the fronts that are gonna have to be replaced. Its only at braking from higher speeds that it is noticable, bit gutted they gotta be replaced so soon but hey. Thanks for the advice mate, looks like problem solved, well, once i get some new front discs on there :) Would it matter what speed i was going when applying the handbrake?

As long as the speed was 30mph or higher you would notice it. It does sound like front discs,best to replace with a good quality brand as ive had many cheap discs warp after a short distance and started using oem or good brands like ebc etc

It might still be worth poping to an mot station to ask if they can check for brake vibration to confirm this.