Sign in to follow this  
Bullfinch

What size Xmas tree can you fit in a Corrado?

Here's something a little festive. This is the first Xmas I will be getting to a garden centre in a Corrado instead of a TT. Hence in the past I've stuck to a 3-4 ft potted tree. With the increased space offered by the C what size will be possible this year - aim is to close the boot and not have one hanging out the back.

easily get a 7ft tree in a corrado, BUT the interior will be covered in needles, So tell the missus if she wants a bigger tree get walking.

Many years ago I put a very large Christmas tree in a Corrado for a short journey. Netted; Blanket wrapped; seats down and with 1 passenger. The stump was pretty much touching the windscreen next to the rear view mirror and the top was curved around in the boot. 7 foot easily if not 8. I'm older and wiser and wouldn't do it again. :camp:

Massive if you have a sunroof and it's a dry day! :lol:

Think we managed a 5ft last year with two of us in the car and no issues!

yeah you'll get a 7 footer in there no probs.. did it a few years back, i bet theres still needles in there..

Have you actually driven it since then ?

yeah you'll get a 7 footer in there no probs.. did it a few years back, i bet theres still needles in there..

Have you actually driven it since then ?

yeah loads, GTI Spring fest 2007, MIVW 2007, MOT in 2007.. and then parked it up in the garage in 2008.

Yeah, like they all say.

I put a few years worth of Christmas trees in my original Storm then spent a wonderful afternoon hand picking all the pine needles out of the boot felt when I began showing the car!!

:clap: used to always get the tree in the rado. Would easily have been 5ft if not 6. Took a lot of cleaning to get rid of the needles :lol:

My Corrado has retired from that role and it's now the Jetta's job - not sure how big a tree will go in that though...

I wondered what they were down the sides of the seats :lol:

Massive if you have a sunroof and it's a dry day! :lol:

Think we managed a 5ft last year with two of us in the car and no issues!

The best suggestion yet! :lol:

:clap: used to always get the tree in the rado. Would easily have been 5ft if not 6. Took a lot of cleaning to get rid of the needles :lol:

My Corrado has retired from that role and it's now the Jetta's job - not sure how big a tree will go in that though...

How big is the boot Faye? There's no folding rear seats in the early Jetty's just a metal bulkhead..

How big is the boot Faye? There's no folding rear seats in the early Jetty's just a metal bulkhead..

not big enough for a 6ft tree :lol: It fitted from the passenger footwell to the rear screen though...

plastic fold out one from argos..managed it and 3 passengers and still enough space to move about ish! lol

Well I finally got the tree yesterday. I would've got it sooner but got sent at short notice to work in Rio for 2 weeks. No Corrados in Brazil but quite a few veedubs - I think they still make camper vans over there. Anyway please see proof of the tree - it was a Nordman fir no drop needle. I only had to pick up 4 pine needles which was a result 8)

Excellent...

The Corrado is surprisingly versatile with the back seats down! Managed to get a boxed 40" LCD TV in mine this time last year.. couldn't believe it when it dropped in perfectly without a fight!! :)

Excellent...

The Corrado is surprisingly versatile with the back seats down! Managed to get a boxed 40" LCD TV in mine this time last year.. couldn't believe it when it dropped in perfectly without a fight!! :)

Managed to get a 42" plasma tv in the Corrado yesterday :clap: didn't think it was going to happen at one point though!

Picked up a 7 footer in the valver last year. Quite sad this year....... first ever plastic tree :(

plastic tree :pukeright: hate plastic trees with a passion, there like silicon tits, look great from a distance but when you touch them there just not right :lol:

There is nothing wrong with plastic trees, I've all ways had one (so cant realy compair)