Sign in to follow this  
dom911

porsche 6 pots with 350mm dics

Just wanted to know if the 6 pots and 350mm discs of a cayenne will fit on the corrado,I would imagine they are the same fitment as the 4 pots that some people are using,it would just be a case of getting them under the wheels?Also would the 4 pots and 300mm dics of the rear of the same cayenne fit on the back of the corrado.

:shock: :shock: Mental braking!

Sure I could be corrected but think you would need at least 18's to use these bad boys. The 6 pot is absolutely huge.

Oh and also, unless you can do some trickery with the stud pattern, then I would think you'd struggle to use the discs. My Cayenne rears need to use a Leon Cupra 323mm disc because it works on a 28mm thick disc. This is the only disc I know of thats 28mm and 5x100 stud.

Hope it helps.

I have 18s :wink: other than that do you need any other bits or do they just bolt on,just saw your last post ,so calipers good discs no good cool,out of interest how much did you pay for your 4 pots.Have seen a whole set up 6 pots 4 pots and dics £450

Ahh I should've read your sig, says 18's, d'oh.

Mine were £157 delivered. Came with pads (about 8mm wear left), pad locators and the flexi brake lines still attached. No more than 3 years old and everything in good order on them. Came off an S, so silver in colour.

£450 for all that sounds good. Any more detail about them?

the reason that people go for the 28mm thick discs from a leon is due to clearance issues on the lower ball joint - you're going to run into issues if you try and fit anything thicker...

your only option is to run spacers on the inside of the discs (meaning obviously that your wheels will be spaced out as well unless you get the wheels machined accordingly), or you could just make do with either the AP kit (which is generally regarded as the best, but it's expensive), or you could get hold of a set of the aforementioned brembos off a leon cupra r - 4-pot brembos on the front along with the 323x28mm discs should be more than sufficient for a corrado - are you planning nothing but unbelievably hard track use on a regular basis?!? if not then you should be just fine with the leon setup...

porsche 6 pots on discs of that sort of size for a corrado is a bit unecessary tbh!

you're also better off focussing your efforts on the rear brakes as well (consider the 280mm rear conversion) at the same time (and obviously things like bushes, shocks etc without teaching you to suck eggs here!)

Cant really see why you need to upgrade the rear brakes apart from maybe the mk4 conversion. I have 4 pots on the front and standard on the back with bias valve adjusted and its far to easy to lock up rear wheels. Just not needed in my opinion. But 6 pots on the front now you're talking.

Mmmmmm :luvlove:

True, rear just doesnt have enough weight IMO to go with massive brakes. Bigger brakes will also mean more mass for the suspension to cope with so take that into account as well. Saying that your running 18in wheels so you must not care too much for the ride of the car.

True, rear just doesnt have enough weight IMO to go with massive brakes. Bigger brakes will also mean more mass for the suspension to cope with so take that into account as well. Saying that your running 18in wheels so you must not care too much for the ride of the car.

Ditto,the raddo is no were as heavy as the massive porsche! i run TT 312 discs with willwood 6pots up front and you can slow down so fast it gives you a headache!

Had a set off 17's b4 the 18's and tbh the 18's are no different they are both bumpy but my car is set up so stiff even 15's may not be great,as for the suspension I think the koingsport coilovers should be fine.