Sign in to follow this  
Nebbo

Strip under front grill and headlights

Afternoon guys,

can anyone help me with this. I am in need of fixing this section of my Rado. I was wondering if this is an easy change or is there a lot more to it or is it even possible without changing the whole front end? Not sure what the part is called and so have attached a .jpg. Any help is greatly appreciatted

VW_Corrado_G60_red_vl_1991_TCE.jpg?t=1260274978

many thanks

Ben

Not sure what you need to do when you say you need to fix it but I can tell you it is only a part of a HUGE piece.

Called the slam panel.

Basically all the metalwork at the front of the car is that piece. Bit like an H turned on its side.

Thanks guys - had a closer look in the light of day to inspect mine. Somebody kindly hit the front of mine while i was parked in Asda and the bumber is fine but now the grill is smashed and that slam panel is bent out of shape :( i was looking to sell it in January but now i have to correct this problem which appears to be much more troublesome, especially now i can't even open the bonnet! why oh why!

You probably realise this but the slam panel includes the horizontal section along the top/front above headlights/grill where the bonnet catches.

Obviously if the grill has had a knock the top section will have been bent hence you can't open the bonnet.

There are threads on opening a stuck bonnet but they are usually to do with a broken cable. You might need to use a fair bit of force.

Good luck and sorry to hear of the damage. Aaarrgh to supermarket car parks