Sign in to follow this  
ozowen

Wing Mirrors

Gentlemen,

Been looking through the exterior thread but couldn't find an answer so here is the question.

On my drivers side is a stick on replacement glass and I want to put an original and clear one inside instead

Are you able to dismantle a wing mirror to fit a new glass. Been looking at mine and it looks as if it comes apart but I am loathe to doing this without a defo yes. Would hate to pull apart to find it won't go back together.

Any help would be much appreciated. My biggest problem usually is I break things rather than fixing them :brickwall: :brickwall:

Hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't THINK you have to remove/dismantle the mirrors to remove the glass. IIRC you need to gently prise the glass from the bottom edge, and the glass "pops" out.

Use something flat and wide (spatula/scraper etc). Make sure you protect the black plastic surround with something to stop it getting scratched when you prise the glass out.

HTH

Yep, clips onto a circular shaped thing - best things to use a (shatterproof) ruller and prise it all the way round until it releases.

If you buy the new glass from VW they would send someone out to fit it for you if you asked.

thanks gents. Will try and complete today as I will be tired having worked nights and I can completely go :nuts: when i :censored: it up :D