Sign in to follow this  
JonnyVW

Leather interior care.....what cleaning products do you use?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone here can point me in the right direction to which leather cleaner to use on my Rado?

So many to try.....is there a preferred / tried and tested product?

Many thanks!

Jonathan

Gliptone Liquid Leather Cleaner followed up with Gliptone Liquid Leather Conditioner......does what it should and smells leathery!

@ Jonny VW im not sure they do but google it mate as its all over the place these days. Land of leather sell it too if they are still going? Its the business :D

Have found Autoglym cleaner & cream give a good result.

The cream is good at bringing back dried out old leather [checked your rear head-rest area recently?]

Mine were fit to crack but after 6 months of cream and TLC are now almost supple! :D

i use this now

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Care_Kit.htm

used to use gliptone, but went off it, especially the smell, people were getting in the car and thinking i had some sort of cream from the doctors that i didn't want to talk about :lol:

The main thing to do is keep the leather clean, i'm still abit skeptical how the conditioners soak into sealed leather

Gliptone Gliptone Gliptone! Cleaner and conditioner

I used this an my B5 S4 and the results were brilliant. I would recommend it all day long.

which leather cleaner to use on my Rado?

Gliptone ALL THE WAY. I recently removed my entire interior and over the course of a few weeks managed to remove 17 years of grease/dirt/detritus from its surface.

Keep the leather warm indoors for a few days and then slowly work the cleaner in with a soft nail brush. Allow it to dwell for a minute or so and then wipe off with a damp cloth. When dry work a coat of conditioner in once a week for three weeks (or until supple for dry leather). Don't be afraid to give it two or three treatments (but don't scrub !).

250ml will cover a filthy set of front seats or a fair set of front/rears. Anything above that, buy the 1ltr bacause it's cheap enough and it works a treat on leather chairs/couches etc.

You can get it cheap enough on ebay.

The results will astound you.

In terms of the stuff readily available from Halfords, I've used a few and the Turtlewax Platinum Cleaner/Conditoner is good and cheap-ish too.

car_photo_224039_7.jpg

if i wanted to nip to a shop and get some leather cleaner can anyone recomend anything?

im just wanting to sproose up my grey leather a bit, give it a good clean?

is gliptonite or whatever its called really worth it as its mail order only?

neil

autoglym do a leather cleaner, i think you can pick that up at halfords.

imo gliptone isn't special