Sign in to follow this  
charly_vrsexy

brake problem?

weird issue with the breakes, or at least just the left hand side. the discs and pads were new in June, the ABS works fine, the fualt light comes on and clears as it should but I think there is something wrong somewhere. It seems as if my car is locking up on one side, yes should not do it with abs but there is juddering in the pedal and clicking so ABS is working. This happens intermittently and has happend at really slow speeds of 10 mph.

I have heard a loud groan from the left hand side of the car afterwarsds when slowing the car but this doesn't always happen either. It seems to do this once per trip and then its fine, I have had new fluid in the system and has been flushed a few times due to clutch problems.

anyone have any idea or heard of this thing before?

It doesn't seem to be losing fluid, the ABS is working, the brakes don't feel spongey, it just seems to lock up on the left front wheel sometimes, wet and dry conditions.

might be worth pushing the piston back in and pumping it out again. could be sticking a little bit

mine has suffered from this, when stopping at a really low speed. Its only done it 3-4 times in 50,000 miles, but have had all the brake stuff renewed, pads, disc, calipers, pipes and hoses. But didn't touch the ABS, so am blaming that

Pedal position sensor is shot. ~ £40 from VW. It's mounted to the brake servo under the master cylinder. And it's a bit of swine to change. Enjoy :D