Sign in to follow this  
krnau

early vs late window control module

were there any differences? I have heard of late corrados only allowing one touch down feature, while earlys (mine) let the driver's go up as well on one touch...

I ask it because I fitted a politecnica aftermarket window regulator and now I have to click the switch again once the window is all way down after the one touch down feature.

Others who also use this regulator arn't having this problem with late style corrados, and another guy is in the same trouble too with an early one :pukeright:

Bit of a strange one this, I have an early c & have had about 15 of these relays to try,one one has worked 1 touch up/down on the drivers side, it's even got the same part number.

I've even had 3 the had an x on the end of the part number ( the latest sold by vw) & that didn't do 1 touch?

A factory fitted early window module should one touch down both sides and up on the drivers.

There are some early cars running around that had dealer fitted electric windows that don't have any one touch facility.

Thanks to small children and fingers getting chopped off in the early 90's the rules on one touch up changed, they had to have a pressure sensor so they could sense body parts. As the Corrado window mech is pretty old school as it uses cogs and gears all new window units from VW won't have a one touch up because they can't comply with the regs. IIRC :)