Sign in to follow this  
marmite monster

900 mile round trip to scotland in a vr6 corrado..snow!!

every year me and my freinds try and think outside the box when it comes to new years eve this year we drove to loch tay in scotland up snowy roads in my very low corrado followed by my mate sam in his brand new 120d bmw.

was an awsome trip the corrado didnt miss a beat the whole 800 miles . was getting 27.5 mpg at 100 mph with 3 people,bags and a dog wich i dont think is to bad for a big engine car ! did 898 miles door to door and used £150 worth of normal unleaded.

ther were some things that anoyed me about the car:

1/.it was way to low for snow driving my front splitter took a massive beating by the bit of snow in the middle of the road and at some points it hit the sump! not good! so standard ride hight would have been much better.

2/the stainless exhuast is a tight fit over the beam and next to the damper so had this anoying knocking noise. standard would have been better

3/passenger side window gave up.

apart from that it was a joy on the twisty mountain roads :D

DSC_0006.jpg

snow and rear wheel drive dont realy work

DSC_0097.jpg

the south road round loch tay ...not going to say it was the best choice of route :D

deathroad.jpg

our hotel in the snow lol

DSC_0011.jpg

my snow plough!!

DSC_0100.jpg

needs a bit of a clean now :D

DSC_0163-2.jpg

somthing cool about a realy dirty car

DSC_0164-1.jpg

bit of sidways action

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

the long drive home mostly over 100mph :D

17571_379255890390_825775390_101970.jpg

800 miles worth of salty dirty wet roads :(

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

Good result.. to have got up there and back without any incident.

I'm not sure (no, I know) that I would not have wanted to be driving northwards into the weather up Scotland way but it does sound like you had an excellent NY.

As you say, standard does come into its own sometimes :)

That's awesome, did you go purely for the driving, or was there some event planned when you arrived?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that an 800 mile round trip in a C, without any issues, is considered a triumph :grin:

just looked at my clocks this morning and it was 879 miles not 789 .have been driving arround today and its getting towards 1000 miles now from £150 worth of fule. that seems quite good to me? :D anyone els got any long distance stories?

Did you enjoy going through Aviemore?? That place is always covered in snow!

I'll be getting my Corrado back in the next couple weeks but I don't have the balls to drive it about in this snow! I've been joking about how much it would suck driving a Rado up here in the snow with the snow plow attachment, and this is the 2nd lowered Corrado I've heard bouncing about up here. :clap:

yesterday i went to slough in my corrado. brimmed it in scarborough at 109.9p p/l and set off there. made it all the way there and brimmed it back up again at 113.9p p/l in slough and it took £40 (well i forced that into it lol) which was about 35litres and after another 265ish miles back home its back to just below half. so for round about £75-80 quid i got 530.1 miles which i was impressed at considering it was mostly at 8-90 apart from the stupid 50mph limit on the m1!