Sign in to follow this  
WigsVR6

ABS and Traction Control problems

This morning on my way to work the ABS light illuminated then the ABS engaged itself, without any input from myself, and stayed on. I turned off the ignition switch off then re started my car only to find the traction control kicking in every few yards causing the front end of the car to nose dive toward the road. Needless to say I did a 180 and went back home luckily not far from home when this happened. The road conditions were bad with frozen snow.

I'm wondering is this a car problem or is it just down to the road conditions. Has anyone else suffered with this problem and what could cause this to happen?

Cheers Alan

Id say sensor related but get it hooked up to vag-com to get to the bottom of it. Happened to mine if you have to drive it and its doing your head in kicking in all the time unplug one of the abs sensors from either of the top front suspension turrets the abs light will stay illuminated and abs wont work but will make it driveable so you can get it to a garage, Do so at your own risk though with ice and snow about at the moment i dont recommend doing it

Cheers guys its very unerving when your car takes control of the situation leaving the driver powerless. I'll try again tommorow the roads have improved to almost normal conditions now and at least if I get the same problem I'll be able to deal with it thanks to you and your quick responses. :D