Sign in to follow this  
bobbymkII

fuel leak help please 2.0 16v 9a

went out today to give car a proper clean and a few other bits and bobs needing done like new handbrake cable...so while i was under there i could smell fuel...never thought much of it ...untill i started car to move it and could really smell it now...so had a wee peak under and bingo its your lucky day mr parker ...fuel leak

here is video so you know where im talking about....and where do i go from here in terms of getting fixed???? looks like all the pipes in and out could do with replacing can you still buy these or can i take them all off and get new ones make up by local company????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQrNCgonaKc

watch vid to end you see where it is...as the preasure drops after turning off the car...

cheers

(unlucky)boab

yeah sorry its a 1993 2.0 16v 9a

and it wont be moving till its fixed as i agree car fires not my favorite.....

seems either the rubber pipe or possibly the old rusted metal pipe has like a pin hole in it where it shoots out ...

yeah posted vid above its the pipe thats nearest to the side of the car if that makes sense??...see link to video above if that helps

If it's the accumulator pipe (14) it's about £27 + VAT from VW (and the seals are a few pence IIRC)

Be prepared for all the associated unions to loosen off as well as the ones you want to come undo!!

thanks again folks great help :D :D ....

looks like tomorrow will be spent on the phone and in vw see whats best way to go...think be as well replacing pretty much all the pipes and fittings etc as the others look way past there best and i dont fancy a rado fire on route to u.d. in march

might be worth contacting the chap who makes these lines:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=84188

yes he is the man who can a set of new hoses for £60 plus postage...will send him my hoses off car so he has rado template for future use on other peoples poor old rado's :)

forgot about this post...job now done lost of swear words and bingo it came free at last....off with the old and on with the new...

although i had new pipe off and on few times till stopped leaking was just a total pain in arse to get tightend up but eventualy it all came together and now back on the road :D