Sign in to follow this  
blaarado

red tinting m3 style rear lights

has annyone here ever done this,iv searched posts refering to all red rear lights but these all seem to be about standard rear clusters.and would i encounter the same problems with indicator colors and bulbs etc

I've done this, Just follow the guide as if they were standard lights. I'd definately lacquer them as mine faded to pink after 6 months.

You will end up with red indicators though.

i also used m3 red with clear lights to tint and as said you will end up with red indicators

best plan is get some brighter bulbs and get some green glass paint, it helps abit but to be honest not that much

The LEDS make the indicators bright yellow, they work a treat.

Thing is i never want to chance it so i always change back to standard lights just for the MOT.

Anyone MOT'D their car with the all red rears on?

Also my reverse lights are painted over and as a result are bright red. Does anyone know if the reverse lights are part of the MOT? Might seem like a dumb question but i aint gotta a clue!

The LEDS make the indicators bright yellow, they work a treat.

Thing is i never want to chance it so i always change back to standard lights just for the MOT.

Anyone MOT'D their car with the all red rears on?

Also my reverse lights are painted over and as a result are bright red. Does anyone know if the reverse lights are part of the MOT? Might seem like a dumb question but i aint gotta a clue!

i just dont risk it i do the same and switch um bak, pretty sure there a fail tbh not worth the hassle for the time it takes to change um bak

when my car last got seviced (vw) they left a note on the work done list that said

minor faults

rear lights red, think owner might know :shrug: :D