steupton

92' 1.9l 16v Idle Problems

Does anyone have this problem? when the car is warming up it runs sweet as a nut. but when the cars warm the idle rises and dips. when im driving the car sometimes will nearly stall when im comming to a stop. to be honest it dosnt happen all the time. i thought this might be due to the air sensor sending to much air through or a leak, but all has been checked. is there anything else to try and help this idle problem. cheers.

ISV ..........try using the search, its a very common fault :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86921&hilit=isv

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80472&p=932056&hilit=idle+1.8+16v+kr#p932056

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74879&p=871915&hilit=idle+1+8+16v+kr#p871915

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73734&p=857764&hilit=idle+1+8+16v+kr#p857764

There you go.....some light reading to get you started..........and here is one more for you........for your other thread, but i'll put it here......

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80780&p=935663&hilit=isv#p935663

cheers mate so you think it might be something to do with the isv. what and where can i find this? ill give it a clean out and so forth.

cheers mate so you think it might be something to do with the isv. what and where can i find this? ill give it a clean out and so forth.

3rd link i gave you has a picture mate :salute:

There is a guide somewhere to cleaning this out i believe.

Had this problem on my old valver and i actualy just hit it really hard. No more problems :D

Not that i am saying thats the cure. just worked for me :cuckoo:

is there any way the isv can be stickin cause my idle isnt that bad. sometimes when i give it some it idles perfect all day if i dont it will idle like sh1t and sometimes stall. can this be taken off cleaned and replaced.

Yes and Yes

It could be sticking and its easy to remove , replace.

Undo the 2 pipes front and back and take off the electrical plug, and i think it just sits inside a rubber ring thing and just slides out.......its really easy , you see when you start.........once off spray brake cleaner into it and give it a good shake and you'll see black stuff coming out.........when i did mine on my old valver i filled it up , clingfilmed it and left it over night........then tale a thin screwdriver and make sure the sprung plunger inside moves freely.......add a couple of drops of oil to lubricate(i used 3in1)......and refit.......job done :D

isv ..........try using the search, its a very common fault :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86921&hilit=isv

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80472&p=932056&hilit=idle+1.8+16v+kr#p932056

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74879&p=871915&hilit=idle+1+8+16v+kr#p871915

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73734&p=857764&hilit=idle+1+8+16v+kr#p857764

there you go.....some light reading to get you started..........and here is one more for you........for your other thread, but i'll put it here......

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80780&p=935663&hilit=isv#p935663

admin, i cant access these links, and they may contain valuable information to the smoooth running of my car

please help,