Sign in to follow this  
culshaw

swapping rocker cover on 9a tighetning procedure/bolt shear!

I'm swapping over my inlet upper, lower if i can work out how to extract the fuel rail and the rocker cover, just wondering is there an order once the gaskets are on is there an order to tighten the bolts on rocker and upper inlet (dont think i'm gonna bother with the lower today)

help appreciated!

thanks

ian

to further my problems i sheared a bolt into the head woohoo, whats the best thing to do? i've attempted scoring a line into the metal to try and screw it out but am thinking a welder, but not sure at such a close distance to the head?

if it helps its the side closest to the slam panel and the middle bolt (see pic)

help is appreciated again thanks!!

The same thing happened with my brothers sierra. We fixed the problem using reverse drill heads. You use one that is smaller than the bolt and when it gets to a certain depth it kinda 'locks' and starts to unscrew the bolt. You can also use something called 'Easy out' ive seen it advertised in various places but don't ask me where.

You have to make sure that you catch any bits of loose metal that come from the bolt as you drill through it, we used an old rag and a strong magnet!

Did the trick, hope that helps :)

Oh and the bolts on the rocker cover/upper inlet there isnt really a particular order

J