Sign in to follow this  
UseOnceDestroy

Any mod ideas for the front end?

As some of you might know, I crashed my VR6 a couple of weeks back ... So my tuning has been put on hold whilst I restore the beauty.

I've bought myself a new bumper, bonnet and de badged grille ... I've also treated myself to the in-pro black angel eye headlights and the crystal clear front indicators / fog lamps.

To save myself some money, time and hassle ... I'm going to get everything I want done at once.

I'm planning to colour code the grille, remove the side repeaters and hopefully add some to the bumper as shown right ere ... corradosiderepeatersgone.png If anyone knows of similar side repeaters to the ones shown or any that can be used to similar effect it would be much appreciated.

I've also noticed the front of the bumper has been smoothed, not sure what I think of this, any thoughts?

I'm also going to replace my door handles with the audi handles, again, if anyone knows of any kits (which I've heard there are) ... or parts and wherebouts, it would help alot.

I was also going to remove the washer jets from the bonnet, but I'm unsure if it is possible to relocate these anywhere, I've had a look and it looks tight, any ideas?

Any other suggestions are welcome, I'm interested in what everyone thinks ... I'm not going as far as the back though ... cheers for any input :clap:

Yeah that's a US spec front bumper, rare over here but not impossible to import I wouldn't think. As for relocating the washer jets, I'm pretty sure someone on here used MK4 golf jets underneath the rear edge of the bonnet when they replaced the metal bonnet for a carbon fibre item. Dunno who that was though, it might have been CorradoVR6Turbo. Have a search for +MK4 +carbon +bonnet.

HTH

Yeah that's a US spec front bumper, rare over here but not impossible to import I wouldn't think. As for relocating the washer jets, I'm pretty sure someone on here used MK4 golf jets underneath the rear edge of the bonnet when they replaced the metal bonnet for a carbon fibre item. Dunno who that was though, it might have been CorradoVR6Turbo. Have a search for +MK4 +carbon +bonnet.

HTH

That was me, although others may have done it as well. There are some pics in my build thread.

Had a look at your build mate, you got some nice mods in there. Any chance you could give me a better step by step on how exactly the Mk4 washer jets are fitted?

Cheers. Sure but there'a not much to add really. Basically the positions were mocked up underneath, then 2 small sqaure holes cut in the supporting part of the underside of the bonnet so they could be pushed in. The holes were cut the same size as the washer jets so when they were popped in they clicked into place. We did leave enough room to add some small shims (only 1mm) so they could be angled against the window properly. Being honest it was Mike at Performance trim who did that, as I didn't want to cust up one of his carbon bonnets. Hope that helps.